> 新闻 > 国际 >

sixinsex video 'extortion' case prosecuted

时间:2019-10-12 15:43:21       来源:CE.cn

By Li Hongmei

Chongqing Municipality People's Procuratorate said in its statement that the six people charged with working together to blackmail government officials by recording videos of them having sex were filed Monday by the city's Yubei District Court for public prosecution, Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.

The six were charged with extortion on Monday, Xinhua said, citing a statement from judicial authorities in Chongqing, where they are slated to be tried.

Investigators said the group "lured officials into having sex with women and secretly recorded their encounters to blackmail them from 2008 to 2009", Xinhua said.

The charges come after a high profile case in which footage of a district party chief having sex with his mistress went viral on the microblog service Sina Weibo, creating an uproar.

Media said the official, Lei Zhengfu, who has been removed from his post and will face corruption charges, as well as the other disgraced official, had been blackmailed for a sum of 5 million yuan by the accused six people.